(Methylation & Genetics)
We are all affected by genetic mutations that inhibit the "methylation pathway". This pathway is a major part of detoxification; potentially affecting disease processes, brain chemistry, and metabolism. These mutations that are passed on from your parents may increase your risk for disease expression, poor health, and other chronic issues.
Our methylation protocol will focus on identifying gene variations called SNPs. These are parts of the gene that influence how well your cells function. We will be able to determine what SNPs are overactive, underactive or poorly functioning. Using nutrition, we can override or redirect these SNPs that may compromise health. When we nourish and detoxify these genetic pathways the body is able to function at its most optimal capacity. The result is a better function, increased the ability to detoxify, and improved health.
Conditions that can benefit from this testing:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High blood pressure, Coronary disease, Stroke
- Neurological Disorders
- Depression, Bipolar, Dementia, Alzheimer's disease, ADD/ADHD, Autism spectrum,
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, Migraines, Insomnia
- Metabolic Conditions
- Metabolic syndrome (High blood pressure/Increased blood sugar/ High cholesterol), Diabetes,
- Kidney disease, multiple chemical sensitivities
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Osteoporosis, Osteopenia
- Eye Disorders
- Macular degeneration
- Colorectal, Female, etc...
Please note that these are your genes. We can alter the expression in a positive way. Specific nutrition will be recommended due to these genetic expressions. Poor diet and lifestyle will sabotage function and activate pathways for poor health.